Sunday, December 10, 2017

A room of one/s own

Virginia Woolf nailed it: writers need a place to work. For a year, I have been denied this through unusual circumstances, writing as best I could in cramped quarters on tablets and an alphasmart. But now we have moved from the retirement institution, a temporary stop by design, into our own apartment, nearby as it turns out, and in the corner of the living room I have my own desk on which my netbook rests, a space of my own. And I am eager to use it! Returning to the novel in progress right away.

I'll have much to say about the past year. Definitely some new experiences, material to be sure. But then, It's All Material.

It feels great to be writing here and now, with a sense of being in my creative home space. Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment